Welcome to Week XXVII
of the Columbia Citizens' WikLi
|The Wikli is an informal e-flyer with news for neighbors. Anyone can contribute, and anyone can edit.
||Subscribe to the Wikli. You'll get one email per week.
Rainier Vista mid-project
photo by beeslesr
So many more photos in the gallery.
- evening book group (Wed),
- Crime Prevention Council (Wed),
- Big Night Out (Wed),
- Library events (Thu, Fri),
- C-City Runners (Sat, Tue),
- an event at Curves (Sat),
- CC Business Association (Tue),
- and Citizens post more events all the time!
In the calendar, you can click through to each event's online information. If a local event is missing, please send a Citizen's alert.
- Columbia Branch's Book Group meets on the first Wednesday of the month. The Group will be discussing War Trash by Ha Jin. Next month's book will be The Beautiful Things that Heaven Bears by Dinaw Mengestu. You can pick up a copy of each month's book group book by asking at the librarian's desk.
- Mark your calendar for First Thursday Family Night — Thursday, March 6 from 6:30-7:30pm. We'll share a few short stories and have craft and literacy activities for kids from birth to about 12. Play with the doll house, play games, make signs, create paper flowers, collages and maybe do some origami — regular or Pokemon (We've known teenagers and adults to enjoy the stories and crafts too!)
- Storytime is on hiatus for the month of March as Miss Nancy conducts Global Reading Challenges with 4th and 5th graders in four local public schools. Storytimes will resume on Friday, April 4th at 10:30am.
- Play and Learn will meet all through the month of March from 11:30am to 1pm on Fridays. We invite children from birth to age 5 to attend with their parents or other caregivers. It is free and it's fun! Come for all or part of the session.
|Columbia City Theater is Seattle's Historic Vaudeville Theater complete with a recording studio and the Hendrix Electric Lounge. Whether you enjoy catching a unique show & a few tasty beverages or are looking for the perfect place to host an event, we're ready to accommodate. There are still a few dates left for booking in 2008 (see website for contact)!
- Wed — Seattle Channel, Big Night Out, 8pm, $10 adv/door
- Wed — Live Music by Chris Wise in Lounge, 9pm, no cover
- Fri — Columbia City Cabaret with Tamara The Trapeze Lady, 8pm, 21+ only, $20 adv/$25 door
- Fri — The Comedy Shop, 10:30pm, $10 adv/door
- Fri — Infinity's Neo-Soul Lounge 8:30pm
- Fri — The Marquis 1000 10pm, in Lounge, no cover
- Sat — Live Music w/John Bishop Group in Lounge, 9pm, no cover
- Tue — Live Music by Gabe Mintz in Lounge, 8pm, no cover
BeatWalk needs your input!
As we gear up for BeatWalk's 13th season, there are some issues we need to look at and make decisions about. I would love to have your input, whether you've ever been to a BeatWalk or not. The survey is short, and I would really appreciate your taking a couple minutes to fill it out. The survey is only up from now until Sunday, March 9.
Take the survey to help shape the future of this community event.
Next CCBA Meeting is March 11
The Columbia City Business Association will meet this coming Tuesday, March 11, at 9:30am at Tutta Bella. Columbia City Gallery, the Lions Club, and Southeast Youth & Family Services will present. All are welcome.
A volunteer cedar tree seeded itself too close to our house and needs a new home. It's about 6 feet high now, I really don't want to cut it down! We're 1 block from Orca at Columbia. Thanks!
CURVES Open House with Swedish Hospital Breast Mobile
Sat March 8th, join the fun at Curves on Rainier for their open house & free health fair, with the Swedish Breast Mobile, 9:30am-3:30pm. Participate in health screenings, including mammogram and pap, enter to win prizes, & gain helpful information.
The number of appointments with the Breast Mobile is limited, so call today. To schedule your mammogram or pap test and verify eligibility, contact Eudora Carter, 461-6910 Ext 218.
Curves is located at 5508 Rainier Ave S. 722-0335.
Columbia City in the news
- nada, naught, nichts, nil, nothing new in news.
Trying to edit this Wiki?
This Wikli's content is now fixed, but anyone can post to the next one.