Smog2 over Columbia City, Sunrise 2
Over 50 Citizens have jumped into the Citizens' [[[photos
Live locally. Consult your community calendar
- library book group discusses The Places In Between by Rory Stewart (Wed),
- "Hopes, Dreams & Promises" at the library (Thu),
- Family night at the library (Thu),
- planning for Town Hall in Hillman City (Thu),
- opening reception: Michael Williams' starscapes (Sat),
- neighborhood brunch (Sun),
- HCNA general meeting (Tue),
- and Citizens post more events all the time!
- On Thursday, Columbia Branch will host two multigenerational programs. Adults, teens and children are invited to drop in between 2-5pm for Hopes, Dreams and Promises for a New Year! Decorate your own calendar to keep or give as a gift, make a "good book", collage your dreams for the future, make an Egyptian wish scroll — you can even stamp your wish in Egyptian hieroglyphs! Fun for all ages!
- Our usual First Thursday Family Night will be held from 6:30-7:30pm. Stories and crafts will reflect the new year and the winter season.
- Play and Learn will resume on Friday, January 11 from 11:30am to 1pm.
- Storytimes will resume on Fridays starting January 18 from 10:30-11:15am. (Sorry for the delay. Nancy is having a little surgery!)
The entire library staff looks forward to you visiting the library during the holidays and throughout the new year.
Columbia City Theater is Seattle's oldest historic Vaudeville Theater complete with a recording studio and the Hendrix Electric Lounge. We're still booking events for 2008! So whether you enjoy catching a show or are looking for the perfect place to host one, give us a try!
- Thurs — Live Music by Dr. Richard Kimball & The Fugitives in Lounge, 8pm, no cover
- Fri — Columbia City Cabaret, Hosted by Tamara the Trapeze Lady, 8pm, $20 adv, $25 door
- Fri — Marquis 1000 in Lounge, 9pm, no cover
- Sat — Live Music by Duplex in Lounge, 10pm, no cover
- Tues — Live Music by Anjuman in Lounge, 8pm, no cover
- Wed — Live Music by Karlson in Lounge, 8pm, no cover
note: advance tickets through brownpapertickets.com
Northwest Community Services — Thank you
Thank you to all who helped Northwest Community Services with the toy drive. A special thank you to Tutta Bella, Columbia Bakery, Sweet Pea's and Retroactive Kids for keeping a toy collection boxes in their stores.
It was great seeing the community jump in and help the children of the Rainier Valley. We served about 450 children this year with new toys for Christmas.
Another special thank you to Graham Hill Elementary who brought in so much food from their food drive.
Columbia City in the news
- Champions of Columbia City
- Rainier Vista developers inspired by a black real estate pioneer
- Villa Victoria: Naomi Andrade Smith's healing & heritage
- Did anyone see this? Historic home settles in Columbia City
- Not every story ends happily, but so far so good for the Cinema
- RVCC cleanup
… (mostly) in news.
Columbia City in the blogossiphere
- Who's gonna keep the Beat?
- more about moving house
- ode to the doughnut muffin — you saw it here first, but have you tasted it?
- Not Martha: the making of a regular at Lola's South City Bakery.
- Holy concealed cellphones in Columbia City cakes Batman!
Columbia Citizens' posts
- Tagla Cafe is terrific
- June BlueSpruce: new Dream Circle
- Villa Victoria is hiring.
- Seward Park playground improvements — name that group
- wiki-followup on this good idea
- candidate statements for Southeast District Council
- Last Loft
- new washer & dryer for sale
Columbia Citizens wiki-updates:
|Columbia Citizens rings in the New Year with some great new features and lots of updated pages.|
|Four local artists have put up their online Citizen exhibits.|
|Heading home to an empty fridge? Call ahead using the "takeout breakout".|
|What's happening at the Saint Gobain site?|
|Bike routes now feature expanded map views and a new route to Fremont.|
|Magic Lantern Montessori added to community organizations.|
|Citizens Lisette & Will Austin have added their websites to neighbors. Will's photo now graces Columbia Citizens' front page.|
|New photos in the Citizens' gallery. Share yours!|
Trying to edit this WikLi?
This Wikli's content is now fixed, but anyone can post to the next one.
Get your WikLi fix
Subscribe to the Wikli, Columbia Citizens' neighbor news. You'll get one email per week.