Art Walk Rainier Beach Call to Community Groups
Art Walk Rainier Beach is a combination of a merchant association-style art walk as found in various neighborhoods in Seattle, and a small outdoor community art fair. It is intended to create a constructive and safe image for the district, build positive awareness of Rainier Beach’s character and diversity, and bring the businesses, residents and visitors together to discover neighborhood treasures.
• The main event site for 2013 is the stretch of Rainier Ave S between S 51st St and Seward Park Ave S. Additional sites will include the businesses around Rainier Ave S & Rose ST and S 57th St.
• The event will feature exhibits visual artists inside participating business venues and art vendor booths outside in the parking lots of other participating businesses and properties.
• The event will also feature temporary art installations, site-specific art, performances, a walking tour of Rainier Beach, entertainment, and booth space for various non-profits and community associations that provide services and activities for the residents and visitors to Southeast Seattle.
Applications are being accepted for Southeast Seattle Community Groups for booth/table space
Important Information & Requirements
• The event will be held rain or shine.
• Preference will be given to those groups who are based in, or who primarily serve Southeast Seattle.
• All participants are required to provide their own booth set-up, supplies and materials, including but not limited to canopies, tables, tents, chairs, supplies, all art-making materials (if providing), inventory, personnel, booth signs, etc.
• Water and power are not available for outdoor booths.
• There are approximately 10, 10x10 booth sites available. There is no booth fee.
• In keeping with the spirit of an art-related event, Community Groups are encouraged to provide a hands-on art activity at their booth throughout the event, but are not required to do so.
• All booths must be ready to go at 11:00 am and remain through 3:00 pm. No exceptions. Groups that cannot comply with this requirement will not be allowed to set up. If a group’s plans change, please notify the event coordinators a minimum of 24 hours before to cancel your participation.
• All participants are required to operate their booth in a safe and tasteful manner, to comply with the laws of Washington State, King County, and the City of Seattle, and to obtain any and all permits and sales tax necessary from the state, county and city, if required.
Visit: www.artwalkrainierbeach.com for more information and to download your application for participation.
Comment on this item
|post your own Wikli item|