Columbia City Farmers Market opening day
Opening day of the 2013 Columbia City Farmers Market is Wednesday, May 1st, 3-7pm. The Columbia City Farmers Market features kids' tent activities each week alongside farmers and food vendors.
On opening day farmers' tables will be piled high with spring greens, beautiful bouquets, edible plant starts for your garden, asparagus, cow and goat cheeses, fresh eggs, wild-caught salmon, pastured meats, baked goods, delicious prepared foods, and much more. Come join us!
Columbia City's favorites will be back including Whistling Train Farm, Columbia City Bakery, Rockridge Orchards, Alvarez Organic Farm, Loki Fish, Tieton Farm and Creamery and Tonnemaker Orchards. This year we'll also have a Rhubarb Festival on May 22nd and Cherry Pit Spit on July 3rd.
New vendors this year will include:
- Cascadian Edible Landscapes- plants for you yard that you can eat too!
- d:floured bakery - gluten free goodies; cookies, tarts, bars and artisan loaves of bread
- Honest Biscuit - your neighborhood biscuit maker
- Kirsop Farms – organic greens and veggies from just north of Olympia
- Lily's Salvadorian Catering - pupusas, fresh salsas, tortillas, and more
- Piccola Cellars – Riesling, Chardonnay, Pinot Gris, Bordeaux, Syrah
- Seattle Tilth Farm Works - fresh produce grown by immigrant and refugee farmers
- Terra Fleurs- cultivated mushrooms – Shitake, Oyster, Lion’s Mane
- Toboton Creek Farm -goat meat and eggs
- Twin Oaks Creamery – cow’s milk, goat’s milk, cheddar, Romano, brie, blues, feta, camembert
- Souk Kitchen- tasty Moroccan sauces
- Youngquist Farm- Skagit Valley blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, and blackberries
The Columbia City Farmers Market takes place every Wednesday, 3 pm- 7 pm, starting May 1, at the corner of Edmonds and 36th. Chef Hour is from 2-3 PM every day before the public market- just check in with Manager before you start shopping! The Market accepts SNAP, as well as WIC and Senior Farmers Market Nutrition Coupons.
Comment on this item
|post your own Wikli item|