Southeast District Council
Below is the agenda for the January 23, 2013, Southeast District Council meeting. The meeting will be from 6:30 to 8:00pm at the Rainier Community Center. All SEDC meetings are open to the public.
We'll select three transportation projects to submit to SDOT. I’ve listed the 8 projects, and attached project summaries. There is supporting material for each project too voluminous to email – we have burned it to a few CDs, and you may pick one up at the SW Neighborhood Service Center/Pool/Teen Life Center, 2801 SW Thistle Ave., across the street from Chief Sealth High School. The NSC is open weekdays between 10am and 5pm.
SOUTHEAST DISTRICT COUNCIL
WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 23, 2013 6:30 PM
RAINIER COMMUNITY CENTER – 4600 38TH AVE S
6:30 Meeting called to order; introductions & icebreaker – Vu Le
6:40 SDOT Large Project Funds applicant presentations
Up to 5 minutes for presentation/up to 5 minutes for Q&A:
1. Curbs for S. Bennett St.
2. Letitia Ave. S. Sidewalk Project
3. The Southeast Safer Streets Project
4. Improving Key Rainier Valley Intersections
5. 42nd Av. S. Neighborhood Safety Project
6. Rainier Beach Pedestrian Enhancements
7. Columbia City Pedestrian and Bicycle Mobility
8. Columbia City Sidewalk Ponding Repairs
SEDC member representatives will be polled via paper ballot at the meeting to determine the three projects that will move forward for further consideration.
7:50 Announcements - All
• SEDC Officers 2013: Bill Davis, secretary; other officer positions
• Building connections – board members from the Downtown Seattle Association who live in SE Seattle
2012-2013 Grant deadlines:
• Small Sparks: anytime
• Neighborhood Parks and Street Fund ($90K): February 4, 2013
• Small and Simple: March 4, 2013
• Technology Matching Fund: March 4, 2013
• Large Projects Fund: May 6, 2013 (mandatory workshops: Feb. 9, 12, & 21—must attend one of these to apply)
Next meeting date: Wednesday, February 20, 2013
vog.elttaes|tsrahttop.de#tsrahttoP dE, district council coordinator
Comment on this item
|post your own Wikli item|