Shore run/walk on June 13th
The 2010 Shore Run/Walk is just around the corner — June 13th!
5K walk or run and 10K (6.7 mile) run for all ages and levels!
The 10K starts at Ferdinand, the 5K at Leschi, and a super fun kids race for 8 and under at Madison Park starts at 10:15am- all registered kids get a cool t-shirt.
We are in need of volunteers to act as course marshals. Pick an intersection and cheer everyone on… great fun for the whole family!
Here's how you can help:
- REGISTER! Please encourage family and friends to sign up online. They can Run, Walk or donate. Online registration closes at 11:59pm this Wednesday, June 9th. Please register yourself too — even if you can't do the race or are volunteering, you'll be supporting the Cancer Center and you'll receive one of our very cool new medium blue, long-sleeved, tech t-shirts. 85% of the registration fee goes directly towards cancer research. www.fhcrc.org/shorerun
- COME TO STARBUCKS! Join us for the Registration Party at Starbucks, Saturday, June 12th between 8am-4pm. Tell your friends and family about this opportunity to sign up for the Race and get their t-shirt. Tribute patches will be available for purchase to honor loved ones touched by Cancer. Also, race packets and t-shirts will be available for pick-up for those who signed up online.
- VOLUNTEER! We still need more volunteers. Prospective volunteers should contact Suzette de Turenne at ten.tsacmoc|enneruteds#ten.tsacmoc|enneruteds. If you are already volunteering, THANK YOU!
- COME TO THE PARTY! Get the word out about our fabulous Bert’s Red Apple “Party-in-the-Park” which immediately follows the Race. It’s for everyone! The half-mile Foss "Kid's Run" for ages 8 and under, starts at the Park at 10:15am. Face painting is offered for participants! A special midway will feature food and drink vendors. The Emerald City Little Big Band, directed by Kevin Seeley, will play from the CAC Real Estate Live Music Stage. Kevin honors his mom, Lorene, an active member of our Shore Run Committee for many years until she lost her battle with Cancer.
- DONATE! Please encourage friends and family who can't participate to make a donation. Donations can be made several ways: Online until Wednesday, June 9th at 11:59pm; at the Starbucks Registration Party on Saturday, June 12th; Race Day in Madison Park at the Donations/Tribute Patch table; at the Race starts in Ferdinand and Leschi Parks; or they can be mailed to the Hutch at: FHCRC, Shore Run/Walk, Mail Stop J5-200, P. O. Box 19024, Seattle, WA 98109-1024.
- PURCHASE A TRIBUTE SIGN! It's not too late! You can still purchase a Tribute Sign to honor someone who has battled cancer. You choose you message or pictures (including corporate logos). The 18" x 24" signs will be placed along the race route; the donation cost is $300. Please e-mail Judy Curran by Tuesday, June 8th , with your information, moc.nsm|2narrucj#moc.nsm|2narrucj .
Our event benefits immunotherapy — harnessing the power of the immune system to fight cancer. This is a vital tool in our efforts to fight cancer. 100% participation of our supporters is our goal! We hope to see your name on the list of runners, walkers or donors soon!
ten.tsacmoc|enneruteds#enneruT ed ettezuS
Comment on this item
|post your own Wikli item|