Columbia City ArtWalk — Bohemian Backstreets
Last month, Community Arts Create kicked off the first Columbia City ArtWalk, Bohemian Backstreets. There were art vendors of all kinds, youth marimba groups and steel pan groups, a performance dance group, a puppet performance, specialty ice-cream by Chef Allyss Dillon, art activities by non-profit Social HeARTistry Educators, and a community art project with CleanScapes trashcans.
With activities that anyone can enjoy, young or old, and a variety of art to soak up, Bohemian Backstreets is a fun summer event that everyone can attend. Next month's ArtWalk is June 16 — it will be event better with more artists, performers, and art activities.
We had five Columbia City businesses that opened up their walls as gallery space and two neighborhood art studios open. We encouraged people to take a walk through the neighborhood and see the art hung in the various businesses and studio spaces in the district.
The event ended with a showing of an independent film series called Film Festival in a Box provided by IndieFlix showing at the Rainier Valley Cultural Center.
- June 16, come to Columbia City's ArtWalk, Bohemian Backstreets.
- Grab a map at the Welcome Booth, take a look at what there is to offer and start off the event.
- Stroll through the street fair, browsing the different booths of beautiful jewelry, paintings, glasswork, and various other mixed media artists.
- Participate in the multiple art activities there are to join in on.
- Listen & dance to the music filling up the alleys with energy and joy.
- Walk the ArtWalk. Use the map to take a tour of the neighborhood businesses and residents hosting beautiful art for you to see and buy!
- Eat & drink at the award-winning restaurants and bars that line the streets of Columbia City.
- Watch a free screening of independent films provided by IndieFlix.
You can do all of this at the ArtWalk. Come hang out in the sun and enjoy the backstreets of Columbia City.
Comment on this item
|post your own Wikli item|