Seward Park turns 100
The first of the Seward Park Centennial events begin on Saturday April 23 in conjunction with Earth Day. There will be a cherry planting ceremony, a birthday party for the Audubon Center and a number of scheduled walking tours.
Check out SewardParkCentennial.org for a full listing of events.
We're celebrating all year long. April 23, June 4&5, July 16&17 and more.
Join us April 23rd at Seward Park to celebrate cherry blossoms, Audubon Center's birthday and Earth Day!
Schedule Saturday April 23 Centennial Event
- 10am - 3pm — Audubon Birthday Celebration — Audubon Center (Audubon Staff)
- 10:30am — Cherry Planting Ceremony - near Entrance Circle. (Tazue Sasaki)
- 11am - 12pm — Origami — by the playground (Erica Howard & students)
- 12pm - 2pm — Research displays — by the playground (Cornish students, Erica Howard)
- Walking Tours — Meet at the Seward Park Environmental and Audubon Center
- 7:30am - 10am — Birds of Seward Park (Sam Woods)
- 9:30am - 10:30am — Japanese Lantern and Torii History Walk (Paul Talbert)
- 10am, 11am, 12pm, 1pm, 2pm — Eagle Nest Walk (Audubon Staff)
- 11:30am - 1pm — Seward Park Stewardship History (Al Smith)
- 12:30pm - 2:30pm — Native Wildflowers and Trees (Paul Talbert)
- 1:30pm - 3:00pm — Hatchery Tour (Mikala Woodward)
- 2pm - 4pm — Lichen Walk (Al Smith)
- 2:30 - 3:30 Oak Prairie Walk (Stewart Wechsler)
- 3:30 - 4:30 Earthquake Scarp Walk (Paul Talbert)
Sponsored by Cornish College of the Arts, the Friends of Seward Park, the Seattle Cherry Blossom and Japanese Cultural Festival Committee, Seattle Parks and Recreation, the Seward Park Centennial Committee, the Seward Park Environmental and Audubon Center, and the Washington Native Plant Society.
Comment on this item
|post your own Wikli item|