jazz series coordinator
SEEDArts is seeking an individual to coordinate Valley Vibes, a new jazz series at the Rainier Valley Cultural Center.
Work under direction of SEEDArts Director and with Valley Vibes Steering Committee to coordinate and schedule the music series. Provide creativity, artistic vision and efficient coordination to produce high quality, accessible events. The Series will run from June through November, 2011.
- Work with Steering Committee to organize, coordinate, and manage Valley Vibes Series and related activities. Help design content for Valley Vibes performances and community conversations.
- Organize committee review of all performer applications, create database and respond to all applicants.
- Schedule artists and speakers for all events, manage contracts and invoicing.
Foster partnerships and nurture relationships with media, community groups, artists and youth and music organizations.
- Write and distribute press releases, psa’s and other copy for electronic marketing venues. Manage social media publicity to develop recognition of the event electronically.
- Work with graphic designer to create poster, display ads, postcards, flyers, event programs and other event images; follow-up with media and pitch story; coordinate photos and bios.
- Obtain translations of event copy for posters, flyers, press releases and other publicity.
- Coordinate distribution of publicity; obtain advertising rates and purchase ads.
- Work with artists to obtain all technical requirements and equipment needs for each event.
- Coordinate all day-of-event activities and be in attendance at event from start to close to oversee all details. Ensure each event is documented (photos, videos).
- Oversee and recruit volunteers, provide relevant training and coordinate duties.
- Help track budgeted expenses and contributed resources.
Work with steering committee to develop evaluation materials.
- Demonstrated ability as a leader, manager and communicator; be a self-starter.
- Experience in event or program management (1-2 yrs)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience in developing collaborative relationships and communicating with artists, volunteers and diverse community groups.
- Must have a flexible schedule—including evenings and weekends—and personal vehicle.
- Proficient in virtual marketing and desktop publishing.
- Have a solid connection to Southeast Seattle: live, work or programming experience.
- Knowledge of Seattle jazz scene and some experience with lecture or speaker series.
Contractual position, $6,000
Send resume and letter of interest to gro.elttaesdees|ofnistra#gro.elttaesdees|ofnistra by 5pm on April 29, 2011. For more information, please visit www.seedseattle.org
Comment on this item
|post your own Wikli item|