Southeast District Council meeting
Southeast District Council's meeting is on September 22nd from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. at Rainier Community Center, 4600 38th Ave S. At this month's meeting, we will hear from City Councilmember Richard Conlin, State Senator Adam Kline, and Dept of Neighborhoods Director Stella Chao.
- 6:30 Meeting called to order by Vu Le, President
- 6:35 Introductions – All
- 6:40 Review and Approval of June 2010 Meeting Minutes- Kirsten H
- 6:45 Discussion with City Council Member Richard Conlin- Richard Conlin was first elected to the Seattle City Council in November 1997 after many years of public service with Seattle-based community organizations. In 2007 the Council elected Richard to serve as Council President for the first of two two-year terms, the second of which will continue to the end of 2011.
- 7:10 Discussion with 37th District Senator Adam Kline- Adam Kline is the State Senator for Washington’s 37th district which includes Southeast Seattle, unincorporated King County, and Renton, with a single precinct in Tukwila. He has served the 37th District for 14 years. He chairs Senate Judiciary Committee and is a member of the Ways and Means Committee and Labor and Commerce Committee.
- 7:25 Update on Department of Neighborhoods (DON) by Stella Chao, Director of DON
- 7:40 Briefing about Library funding challenges and services by Friends of the Library
- 7:50 Recap of Rainier Valley Heritage Parade and Summer Streets Festival
- 8:15 Announcements
- 8:30 Adjourn
vog.elttaes|ertip.nuy#ertiP nuY, 386-1924
Comment on this item
|post your own Wikli item|