Living in a neighborly little burgh like ours, who hasn't entertained notions of simply seceding and going it alone? We celebrate that we're a microcosm of the wider global community, and that's pecisely the point — in a world that too often feels disconnected, we've somehow managed to tie ours together in one place, to offer a rich, warm, textured experience of community. So this week let's declare our interdependence.
This one's a bi-Wikli. Enjoy yourselves on the 4th.
- See you at the Farmers Market.
- Chow Down at neighborhood restaurants, for the food bank.
- Check out the summer programs at the library.
- In our blogossiphere, there are prenuptial photos, neighbors take action to alleviate homelessness and hunger, and a restaurant for sale.
- In Citizen discussion, SPLAB bids farewell to Columbia City, pickup soccer, the chorus, a petition drive, and a neighbor points us to news of Wash Murakami's retirement.
There's all that and more. Check it out.
This alert serves as an RSS feed, another way to get your Wikli fix.