What's in a name? Today is October 12, Columbus Day, Día de la Raza, the day of contact. Columbia City draws its name and many of its place names from the storied explorers of yore. So let's take some time to consider the effects of those historic connections, and what awaits through our own exploration and discoveries.
- Change is coming to our community center — what's your input?
- Stay Up Late listening to some of your favorite Northwest authors.
- Valley Vibes is this Friday.
- Figure out where your Council candidates are coming from at the LSPCC.
- Opportunity knocks — support a school, get a Chinook Book delivered directly.
- Guaranteed thrills — the business district's annual trick or treat, and the Fright on 44th
- Ali offers a money workshop for women.
- Clean house naturally.
- Learn some uke chords with Kathleen.
- Bike Works and the Church of Hope show India by bike.
- Campbell offers free voice lessons.
- in our blogossiphere,
- An alleged gang member gets away, a kid shoots himself in the leg, and police make a weapons arrest.
- Mayor McGinn walks to school.
- The Columbia City Bakery makes a generous donation.
- In Citizen discussion,
- More buzz about Orcas Landing.
- Neighbors seek childcare help.
- Southside Booty Camp offers free workouts.
There's all that and more. Check it out.
This alert serves as an RSS feed, another way to get your Wikli fix.