This week we stir together food, culture, heritage, politics, the arts, school, and more. Mmmm, try some.
- Pickled okra is an acquired taste at the Farmers Market.
- Travel to Ethiopia next week via Arts Gumbo.
- A Citizen shares some local flavor.
- Live locally, save plenty, and support a neighborhood school.
- They're blessing the animals at the CC Church of Hope.
- Tonight the Southeast District Council meets.
- an artists' reception at the gallery
- Soldiers and vetrans speak out against the wars at New Freeway Hall.
- LWSP invites you to Oktoberfest.
- The Historical Society is leading a back-alley walking tour.
- In our blogossiphere,
- The City's SWAT team and bomb squad descended on a "booby-trapped" home near the station.
- Mikala digs where she lives.
- Amber asks, did the drug market initiative make any difference?
- SPLAB has more out-loud poetry for you.
- Join neighbors for a work party in the Cheasty greenspace.
- Get online at the Community Center.
- more discussion about Verve's passing
- lots of posts from Hillman City about crime and safety
There's all that and more. Check it out.
This alert serves as an RSS feed, another way to get your Wikli fix.