'Tis the season … to cease 'n' desist. Yesterday we heard the latest news in the Cinema's ongoing travails — sounds pretty bleak, but Paul and friends keep fighting for that happy ending. As we head into our darkest season, this Wikli offers a bunch of ways to raise your spirits and a glass, and to jump-start your holidays.
- The State has ordered the Cinema to cease and desist with its planned sale of stock.
- Columbia Citizens lend their voices in a concert at Southside Commons the Columbia City Church of Hope.
- 288 188 apartments are coming to the neighborhood, and you get a chance to help the new buildings fit in.
- Wine will flow at a few neighborhood business events — at La Medusa, the Chamber's auction, and Salon Adidez.
- Paula is holding a soap sale.
- Writers and constructive editors untie! — at this week's SPLAB.
- Will we celebrate the solstice this year? ...with your help.
- In the calendar,
- Councilmember Tom Rasmussen hosts a community forum.
- Our Democrats meet at the cultural center.
- There's a public meeting about sewer overflows to the south of us.
- Our blogossiphere is chock full o' news:
- KOMO has stepped up its neighborhood coverage — a child mauled by dogs, a fundraiser for kids, a new modular home, and more.
- Comings and goings in the neighborhood food scene, via the RVP.
- SouthendSeattle has some gems to share — St Dames cafe and more.
- Seattle Weekly offers its take on Paul Doyle's predicament, and on Geraldine's hangover treatment.
- Our discussion board has been pretty quiet lately. You're welcome to change that.
- John has posted about an upcoming concert for JusticeWorks.
There's all that and more. Check it out.
This alert serves as an RSS feed, another way to get your Wikli fix.