This time of year, the Wikli is of two minds — to nestle down and shut out the cold and damp, or to simply embrace whatever our great outdoors choose to throw our way. The chill is tempered by a wealth of cozy spaces and warm, friendly faces. Join us.
- Darla and Marinko host December's neighborhood brunch.
- Saturday we'll be caroling and lighting with our own Father Christmas.
- The Christmas ships come this weekend to the lakeside end of Ferdinand St.
- Next week, SEEDArts hosts a wine tasting and silent auction.
- Two great dames have opened a new eatery near the rail station.
- Want to celebrate the solstice again? Join in.
- Two winter gift bazaars for the giving season, at Lakewood Seward Park Community Club and Hawthorne Elementary.
- Get trained in kosher Kung Fu.
- New Freeway Hall hosts a forum about the past election.
- The Columbia City Community Chorus puts on a show next week.
- Our blogossiphere is packed with news and views:
- Late Monday night, someone popped off a few rounds and sped away.
- Paul Doyle at the Cinema has set a deadline: take stock before the year's up.
- Mikala on winter: theory and practice.
- Rainier Vista plans a seasonal community cleanup.
- The City features Columbia City in its buy-local website.
- The RVP lists all the neighborhood's happy hours.
- Coming to a corner near you: Jeffrey Taylor insurance.
- SouthendSeattle.com has a historical piece on the old Police precinct building.
- In Citizens' discussion,
- Hillman Citizens organize a cleanup.
- Empire Espresso features poetics.
There's all that and more. Check it out.
This alert serves as an RSS feed, another way to get your Wikli fix.