If community connecting is your game, then this is your week. You can check in at events held by our longstanding clubs and councils and centers. And there are some new offerings: a climate co-op, a cultural corner, and new park improvements on the way.
- Turn out for the farmers market's last hurrah.
- Citizens are pulling together a climate change co-op.
- The District Council hears the City's budget news.
- Dr Green gives a free talk about neurodevelopmental disorders.
- The grand opening for Seward Park's new playground is this weekend.
- And it's time to push pumpkins around Seward Park.
- For Halloween weekend, there's trick-or-treating in the business district and an ice cream social in Lakewood.
- We've got a new Cultural Corner in the old Columbia School building, including poetic offerings by SPLAB.
- Burlesque is back at the Theater.
- In our calendar, Arts In Motion puts on a party.
- In our blogossiphere,
- a local massage parlor apparently offers much more
- neighborhood venues take on trivia
- and a couple reports about last week's visiting dignitaries: Everclear, and a host of political candidates
- In Citizen discussion,
- a neighbor seeks a cider press
- the Gallery seeks new artist members
- a Citizen shares readings recorded at Empire Espresso
- the City has a survey about the District Councils
- a neighbor starts her own Community Supported Agriculture
- there's a garden workshop at the Community Center.
There's all that and more. Check it out.
This alert serves as an RSS feed, another way to get your Wikli fix.