*NOTE - THIS TIMELINE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE*. It is meant to be a guide.
PROPOSED TIME LINE
• sppif steering committee places ad for landscape architect (LA) in djc on 3/11 and 3/18)
• 3/25 sppif steering committee to host first organizing meeting
• sppif interview committee reviews la applicants – week of 4/14.
• La hired by end of month.
• Each committee begins their tasks; reports to chairs with deliverables by 4/8.
• Public input meeting #1 facilitated by la
• Date TBD – once LA is hired.
• la develops alternatives and with committee plans next public meeting.
• la facilitates public design meeting #2
• finalize schematic plan with steering committee and parks pro-view team. Finalize budget estimate.
• Public meeting #3 to present final plan.
• letter of intent to city for large grant (100K)
• The city’s review board reviews and approves a design ready plan
• apply for large 100k city grant
• presumably awarded city grant!
• advertise for general contractors
• la hires contractors
• preparation of construction documents
• parks buys off on blue prints
• Landscape Design Plans
MAY 2009 – construction begins???
Art installation plans/implementation