- Samantha Steinwinder
- Jill Raynor
- Brian Stark
- Bob Smith
- Stacey Kinkead
- Bruce Gray
- Dolores Ranhofer
- SPPIF Co-Chair:
Betina Simmons, moc.liamtoh|snommisaniteb#moc.liamtoh|snommisaniteb
notes from most recent meeting
SPPIF Public Relations & Graphics Committee
First Meeting: 3/23/08
Samantha Steinwinder, Jill Raynor, Brian Stark, Bob Smith, Stacey Kinkead, Bruce Gray, Dolores Ranhofer, SPPIF Co-Chair: Betina Simmons
Build community excitement and involvement that ultimately drives people attend and participate in planning meetings, fundraising events and other activities.
Raise money for the new playground.
PR/Graphics Committee Objectives
- Develop messaging about SPPIF and our goals that appeal to the public and drives them to get involved.
- Support other Committees with the materials — brochures, logos, story ideas, etc. — to help them reach their audiences successfully.
- Build awareness of SPPIF through stories in local and regional publications
- Other committees — Fundraising, Development, Volunteer/Community Outreach
- Print & Broadcast Media Outlets — Seattle Times, Seattle P-I, Regional Newspapers, Network TV Stations, Seattle Channel, etc.
- Online Outreach: Wiki, http://ColumbiaCitizens.net/SPPIF:welcome
Initial Ideas & Strategies
- SPPIF Committee Info Gathering Meetings — Samantha to own
- Meet with Volunteer/Community Outreach committee to delineate responsibilities and audiences
- Confirm that they reach the community centers/groups, listserves, libraries, churches, etc.
- Meet with each group to determine needs for materials from us
- Develop SPPIF logo for use in all SPPIF materials — Brian Stark owning
- Consider Seattle Parks & Recs requirements for the new playground:
- Environmental Sustainability
- Combat Childhood Obesity
- Develop brochures and other materials —
- Determine need and specifics for materials — Used around the community, other committees, etc.
- Need final brochure for Seward Park Environmental Center opening April 26
- Need brochures final for use around the community to drive public to May input meeting.
- Develop messaging and story ideas — Need owner for messaging
- Gather information on Seward Park history, playground history, etc. for use in messaging
- Determine story needs for community newsletters, media pitch angles, etc.
- Story Ideas:
- SE Seattle revival
- Why people should get involved in Seward Park Playground
- Sustainability focus
- Earth Day is April 22, opportunity to promote SPPIF and Seward Park?
- Seward Park history
- YoutTube video showing the transition of the Seward Park playground — kids REALLY need a place to play
- Poll on Wiki or other online site on the Best Local Playground Features, Favorite Playground Structure, etc.
- Help stop Nature Deficit Disorder
- Develop PR/Graphics Plan — Should include the following:
- Messaging overview
- Media outreach plan — who, when, how, team
- Press Release for May public meeting
- Fact Sheet on SPPIF and mission
- Images and logos
- Story angles and targets
- Logo ideas or final
- Specific brochure needs
- Other materials’ needs
- Detailed timeline with owners
- Columbia City Wiki, ColumbiaCitizens.net/SPPIF:welcome
- Friends of Seward Park, Paul Talbert, gro.crchf|treblatp#gro.crchf|treblatp
- Seward Park Audubon Center, Gayle Gatton, gro.nobudua|nottagg#gro.nobudua|nottagg
- Sustainable South Seattle, ColumbiaCitizens.net/SSS:welcome
Timeline — PHASE I
- April 1, 2008 — First PR/Graphics committee meeting, 12:00 noon Café Vita
- ACTION: Team develops specific plan, actions and owners
- Week of April 7 — Committee begins our tasks, reports to chairs with deliverables
- Logo and brochure design to SPPIF chairs
- Brochure copy draft complete
- All projects assigned owners
- Week of April 14 — Joint meeting with Outreach Committee to discuss plan
- Betina to schedule meeting with both groups
- Begin YouTube video production
- Finalize and print brochure
- April 26 — Seward Park Environmental Learning Center Grand Opening
- All-day event open to the public, ribbon cutting, etc.
- ACTION: Have brochures finalized and available at this opening
- April 29 — Press materials completed
- Press release announcing public meeting
- Fact sheet with SPPIF details, link to YouTube video, link to details on the Wiki
- Photos or images as available
- May TBD — Public Input Meeting #1, facilitated by LA
- ACTION: PR should be in full swing so that attendance is high at meeting
- July TBD — LA develops alternatives; with committee plans next public meeting
- August TBD — LA facilitates public design meeting #2
- September TBD —
- Finalize schematic plan with steering committee and parks pro-view team.
- Finalize budget
- Public meeting #3