|South Seattle's named streets lend to its charm. Compared to numbered streets, there's just more character in it. Some street names are regional, or even farther-reaching —
These probably evoke the Valley's pioneering families —
And these seem positively lyrical —
But who can remember their order?
Citizens, we need a memory aid.
We need a mnemonic.
Some neighborhoods have a catchy phrase that recalls a list. Downtown they've got this —
Seattle Channel even came up with a few for other neighborhoods.
Here’s the challenge.
We need a mnemonic to mentally organize our neighborhood street names.
- Choose any portion of the list below
- You can work your way north or south.
- Try to start from one of the arterials (Genesee, Alaska, Orcas, Graham).
- Aim for a phrase that makes some sense.
- Humor is welcome (taste is appreciated).
- Extra bragging rights if you catch them all.