But the first thing I need is studio space to make my dream come to life. So far, in the last two weeks, I have had three different possible studio spaces fall through due to changing circumstances on the part of the landlords. So, I am really reaching out to see if anyone out there has great leads or suggestions for me to pursue, so that I can really start this project in earnest. I’ve already contacted Hazard Factory, Iron Monkeys, and perused the Artist Trust web site, but to no avail…
Here are my studio space needs, in descending order of preference:
- indoor, ventilated space, tall enough to drive a 11' tall truck into that comes with welding/fabrication equipment: mig welder, break, shear, horizontal band saw.
- semi- indoor space that comes with equipment, with outside space for truck (that can be covered in a Costco barn).
- semi outdoor space with no equipment that can be covered in a Costco barn.
In addition I need:
- permission to park the truck at the space for a year
- if truck has to be outside, I need an AC outlet near truck so I can run welding equipment near the truck.
- if truck has to be outside, permission to erect some kind of tent/tarp structure over truck.
Hey, at this point, I'd even settle for a driveway that I can leave the truck at, with some space to store materials and outlets to plug extension cords into.
If you hear of anything suitable, let me know. And of course, I can pay a rental fee if it's not too high.
More information about the project: SpaMarine Facebook Page (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Spamarine/127536973962701)
Thanks and be well,
p.s. I am always looking for more collaborators…