Bookfest is October 24th & 25th and takes place at the former Columbia/New School. The event will run from 10am to 6pm, both Saturday and Sunday, and features author readings, panel discussions, exhibitor booths, demos, workshops, a book swap, games and more! The event is free with a $5 suggested donation. See the website (www.seattlebookfest.com) for more information.
he biggest literary celebration to happen in Seattle this year is happening this weekend in Columbia City! Seattle Bookfest 2009 is October 24th & 25th and takes place at the former Columbia/New School, located at 3528 S. Ferdinand. The event will run from 10am to 6pm, both Saturday and Sunday, and features something for everyone! There will be:
- Over 120 local authors on five reading stages, including stages for poetry and children’s authors
- Panels such as “Getting Published, from A to Z,” “Contemporary Graphic Novels,” and “Vampires and Zombies and Zombies, Oh My!”
- More than 50 exhibitor booths featuring local publishers, bookstores like Third Place Books and Bookworm Exchange, and many organizations from the literary community
- A bookbinding demo, an interactive cooking demo, and a workshop on How to Write a Novel in a Month
- A bookswap courtesy of Friends of the Library (bring a book to swap or buy one for $1)
- A Scrabble contest, Grammar Bee, and Mad Libs Party
This event is free to the public, but there is a $5 suggested donation.
You can go to the website, www.seattlebookfest.com, for more information on which authors and exhibitors will be attending the event and to see a schedule for each day’s events.
We look forward to seeing you there!