For years, neighbors have gotten together each month to share news and some laughs over a good meal. It's a fun neighborhood tradition, and a relaxed way to connect and get to know each other better.
Our brunch-o-meter is now empty! We need gracious hosts. October and beyond are available for you to share this longstanding neighborhood tradition. If you're interested or would like to know more, please contact me (email, or 329-5912) — or go ahead and sign yourself up on the brunch page. Thanks.
When & where are they?
- Brunches are usually the first Sunday of the month, from 10 to noon.
- Hosts have typically lived between Rainier and 50th Avenues S, S Alaska and S Dawson Streets.
How do they work?
- Brunches are potluck.
- An editable list of future hosts is below.
- Estimated attendance between 10-40 people. Children are welcome.
What does the host do?
- Opens their home.
- Provides dishes/cutlery and coffee (to borrow an urn, contact Scott).
- Considers dropping notes with close neighbors to be sure they've heard about it.
What months are available?
- Right now, months from October to eternity. (Let's change that!)
How do you sign up?