Notes from the October 29 Meeting
I. We began the meeting with a discussion about the need for "ground rules" or "community agreements." We adopted the following rules and agreed to review them at the start of every meeting to determine if they meet our needs.
- Meetings will begin and end on time.
- The roles of facilitator and timekeeper will be rotated each meeting.
- The facilitator will manage a queue for comments and questions that stray from the agenda.
- Keep yourself and the meeting on track.
- Respect time and others waiting to participate.
- One person speaks at a time.
- There is a 3-minute limit for comments.
- We’re here for dialogue, not to win.
- Those who have not yet participated will be recognized first.
- We will adopt Roberts Rules of Order – a cheat sheet will be provided to help people learn them.
- New agenda items will not be voted on until the following meeting.
- Speak for yourself.
- Conflicts of interests must be disclosed.
- Decisions will be made by simple majority or consensus (“I can live with it.”)
2. We voten unamiously to form an official community organization.
3. We discussed a working name for the organization and everntually voted to adopt the name "Columbia City Community Council." Some people commented that words "council" and "citizens" could be considered excluse. Many people commented that they liked the alliteration.
4. Bert agreed to facilitate the next meeting. Tips will be passed on from one person to the next.
5. We agreed to form two committees:
- Bylaws Committee: to be cordinated by Doug, Chris, and Rukh
- Outreach Committee: to be cordinated by Jeremty, Liz, Tom, Jeff and Paula. As well, Logan and Lauree volunteered to work on a newsletter.