October 15 Meeting Minutes
6:00 to 7:45 at the Columbia City Library
Here is my best attempt at some notes from our October 15th meeting. It felt good to get to know more neighbors! Thank you for being there.
We are in our early stages as a community group & we are learning as we go. At our next meeting it seems we will need to prioritize agenda items, set some basic ground rules & have a good time keeper. Also it will be helpful if people bring in specific resources to share such as letters we have written/ people we need to email/ or specific weblinks/policies that will help us all understand the some of the city processes that our going on around us.
Below you will find a list of what we talked about hopefully people will take the lead on bringing more specific info/ action suggestions on various topics to the next meeting. We have a lot on our plates—with some big things coming our way very quickly that will need immediate attention and then some longer term goals of sustainability & community building.
Community Affairs Issues of particular relevance:
- The Columbia City/Hillman City/Genesee Neighborhood Plan
- St.Gobain site,
- Columbia Building
- Columbia Plaza
- Future of Farmer's Market
- DESC Site
- Council/ neighborhood group/ association formation
- Crime Prevention Watch/ Neighborhood Watch
- Emergency Procedures
- Multi Family Zones Update
- Eagle Rock Development 39th & Dawson
- Gateway Project/ Pomegranate Center Next Meeting at the Whitworth Building (Orca School) 6:30-8:30 in the Library Childcare provided
Community Building Ideas:
Activity around the "Tree Lighting"
- Pancake Breakfast
- Neighborhood Cleaning (dates are in the works)
We discussed ways to outreach only briefly. A printed newsletter and translations seem of utmost importance!